Beautiful whitewashed houses adorning green hills overlooking the shimmering Mediterranean Sea, crystal-clear waters, golden shores, bougainvillaea-filled alleys, cobbled pedestrian streets, a vibrant nightlife, and exquisite accommodation are just a few components of a Paros vacation that will capture your heart for eternity. Whether you are after utmost pampering and VIP experiences or more authentic and relaxed ventures, the Cyclades island is a dream destination, indeed. Although not as popular as its other siblings, such as Mykonos and Santorini, it, too, bewilders with its own special appeal. Among the many options available, the best accommodation is an issue many visitors wonder about. Here are some basic details to help make up your mind!
Where to stay in Paros
It depends on the type of experience you chase. Below is an illustrative guide with the top options based on the most common travellers’ requirements.
Where to stay in Paros for nightlife?
The island’s picturesque capital, Parikia, boasts a scenic waterfront promenade hosting trendy clubs and bars. Its vibrant nightlife scene attracts visitors who wish to enjoy energetic dancing, DJ sets, and live music until the week hours. As for the cobbled streets of the Old Town, they come alive after sunset, with cosy tavernas pampering visitors’ taste buds with delicious local drinks and Greek cuisine!
Another great alternative is Naoussa, on the northern side of the island, whose charming harbour transmutes into a buzzing hub in the evening, with countless clubs and bars catering to the tastes of even the most discerning visitor. Expect stylish beachfront lounges offering tasty cocktails, bustling nightclubs where you can dance the night away, stunning views, and a vivid atmosphere.
The same applies to Piso Livadi and Pounda, two regions renowned for their night scene (on the eastern and southwestern coast of Paros, respectively), though more relaxed, intimate, and chilled. However, they do host occasional beach parties, turning the place into a lively party land with even more energetic vibes.
Where to stay in Paros without a car?
The idyllic capital is an excellent choice if you don’t want to rent a car as it is centrally located, enabling easy access to public transportation hubs, restaurants, shops, and golden beaches. It also offers a wide range of accommodations, from luxurious boutique hotels to budget-friendly guesthouses. A short distance from Parikia is the charming fishing village of Naoussa, another fabulous location for car-free experiences, featuring traditional architecture, pedestrian-friendly streets, and alleys lined with restaurants, tavernas, accommodation within walking distance, a bus station providing convenient connections to other Paros regions, and shops of all kinds.
Other fantastic locations to stay in Paros if you don’t have a car are Lefkes and Aliki. The first, is a mountain village in the heart of the island, while the second is a delightful hamlet on the southern coast with a relaxed vibe. Both are easily walkable due to their small size, spoil with their tranquil atmosphere, and are almost entirely car-free, enabling visitors to savour the island’s traditional charm away from the hustle and bustle of the most populous towns. Beautiful sunsets, cosy guesthouses, scenic walking trails, panoramic seascapes and island views, and even a sandy beach (close to Aliki) are all on the other end of this stay.
Where to stay during the Paros honeymoon?
If enchanting beaches and secluded coves are right up your alley, then Kolymbithres, on the northern Paros coast, is an ideal destination for a romantic honeymoon. The region combines luxurious private villas and beachfront hotels with fine-sand shores and boat trips to nearby Cyclades islands with an overall hypnotic and tranquil coastal retreat.
Just as romantic and peaceful, the setting of Santa Maria will steal your heart for sure. Lying on the northeastern shores of the island, it boasts luxurious resorts that cater to couples looking for relaxation and privacy, crystalline waters, and beautiful sandy beaches. From unwinding by the pool to spoiling yourself with a couple’s spa treatment, expect nothing but unforgettable honeymoon experiences.
Finally, Parikia and Naoussa are both popular honeymoon options in Paros, providing a blend of romance and convenience. Cobblestone streets adorned with whitewashed houses with blue shutters, a picturesque harbour for endless romantic walks, waterfront restaurants for those candlelit dinners, luxury resorts and boutique hotels with stunning views of the glistering Aegean Sea, and historical sites turn these places into a perfect honeymoon heaven.
Where to stay in Paros with your family?
Chrissi Akti (Golden Beach) is a superb family-friendly Paros region on the southeastern side of the island. Particularly known for its long stretch of golden sand and calm, shallow waters. The area also offers family-oriented accommodation, including villas and apartments with playgrounds, pools, and other handy amenities, as well as resorts. Hiking trails and water sports are also in the mix, for fun-filled family vacations.
Other excellent choices for families seeking a beach-centric getaway are (1) Pounda, with hotels and resorts featuring kids’ entertainment programmes and clubs, shallow waters, fine-sand shores, and family-friendly events and activities, (2) Parikia, with an impressive array of family-friendly entertainment options and accommodations, historical sites (i.e. the Parikia Old Town), enjoyable boat trips and island-hopping tours, traditional gastronomy, and festivals being hosted throughout the year where you can all immerse yourselves in the local culture, and (3) Drios, a peaceful village on the southeastern cost with calm waters, a variety of tavernas, charming alleys to explore, and a sandy beach.
Accommodation options in Paros
Paros has an impressively varied range of accommodation to suit every need, preference, and budget, including:
- Hotels – The island has a variety of elegant hotels and more budget-friendly establishments. You can choose from centrally located options in bustling towns to boutique hotels with personalised services and sea-facing hotels offering facilities like on-site restaurants, spas, and pools for a convenient and comfortable stay. Parlio Hotel is a great choise.
- Villas and Apartments – Great options for larger groups of visitors and families, the plethora of villas and apartments on offer at Paros ensure more private and independent endeavour. You will find chic villas of varying sizes on the Kinglike Concierge website that allow guests to enjoy a home-away-from-home experience, often featuring gardens, private pools, a fully equipped kitchen, and even high-end amenities like private verandas, spas, and jacuzzis.
- Guesthouses and Bed & Breakfasts – Mainly located at traditional Paros villages, they give a more authentic and intimate stay. Dotting the island with their unique appearance and chalky walls, they allow you to savour homemade breakfasts, while even getting insider tips from the friendly hosts. Depending on the lodging of choice, you may also receive customised service for even more enhanced ventures. Guest house Anthippi is a great choise .
- Camping – Ideal for younger visitors, budget travellers, and nature enthusiasts, camping is a great option during a Paros vacation. The island is home to several campgrounds with facilities such as mini-markets, toilets, and showers, providing unique opportunities to only make new friends in a communal setting, but also enjoy the beautiful landscapes and connect with nature.
- Caravan – Instead of setting up a tent, you may also rent a caravan or camper van, which are also ideal options for budget-conscious travellers.
One way or another, Paros is a heavenly destination in the Greek archipelago that feels like a dream fulfilment, no matter the prerequisites that make up your dream vacation.